nicolewang161

Fiction Freak

A YA blog created in 2011.

All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
The Iron Knight - Julie Kagawa http://fiction-freak.blogspot.com/2011/12/iron-knight-by-julie-kagawa.html

This is, and will always be, my absolute favorite series and reading this was such a thrill!
The fourth, and final, book in Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey Series, this book is in Team Ash's POV which had me, and many other girls, squealing with excitement. To see what the ice prince is feeling under all the layers? A once-in-a-lifetime opportunity! With Ash, Puck, and Grimalkin on another quest, this time for Ash instead of the NeverNever, we see the changes Meghan's absence has done to them, although Puck is still quite infuriating as usual.
When...a surprised guest shows up I jumped up and just stared at the book for the longest time then sat back down slowly. The same thing running through my head "It can't be, it can't be...I KNEW IT!!!" You'll see another guest who most of you, if not all, will know from the novella Winter's Passage. Just a hint.
It was weird at first, I have to admit, being suddenly plopped into Ash's POV which is so unlike Meghan's you might as well compare ice to a cellphone! We do see a few similarities like Ash longing for Meghan and Meghan pining for Ash, their annoyed feelings toward Grimalkin and their...wariness of what lies ahead.
One of the things I hated so so much though, was that most of the time, it seems like...well, like Ash didn't really care if he was with Meghan or not, it was all "Because of the vow" stuff going on. Of course, the ending drove away all doubts, but still, this got on my nerves.
This book is one I've been with all the way. When the cover got revealed, when all the teasers were posted(many of which had me ripping out my hair), when the summary was revealed, when the Iron Knight first got released, and when the contest began.
So many parts had me crying, laughing, smiling, roaring, and all four at once! There was so much hurt, so many near escapes, so many...well, you'd have to read it to find out!
Did anyone hear of the spin-off series? Yeah? Who's excited?