nicolewang161

Fiction Freak

A YA blog created in 2011.

All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Rapture (Fallen, #4) - Lauren Kate Rapture. Such an appropriate title. This book absolutely stole my breath away and made me cry while my throat was clenched tight. In other words—I was raptured, reading the fourth and final installment in the Fallen series.

Luce has just come back from the past bearing bad news. Lucifer is planning to wipe away millions of years of history. To bring them back to the one event that started it all—the Fall. But if that happened, Luce and Daniel wouldn’t fall in love over centuries. Everything would come apart. So they, along with their angelic (and demonic) friends are on a race against time to find the three relics that will lead them to the site of the Fall where everything and anything is revealed. Including the secret revelation that sparked Lucifer’s rebellion in the first place.

Rapture made me love the Fallen series. In the beginning it was just something to read. But now I’m making it my number one priority to re-read every book all over again with new eyes. Rapture left my crying so many times and made me love Lucinda more than ever. (Notice how I use her full name.) We encounter new characters like Dee and Olianna and revisit with old ones. Either way, each one is essential to this story and most (excluding a certain few…) of them now have places in my heart.

The writing was beautiful and the plot never left you bored. Fast paced and filled to the brim with action, I couldn’t tear myself away and found myself reading deep into the night and finishing it in one sitting. Even the parts that are usually written awkwardly, the heaven descriptions, were wonderfully described, giving me the sense of angelic propriety.

Daniel seemed incredibly bossy and a bit merciless so I’m definitely Team Cam. I didn’t like the way he reacted to certain angels’ deaths even if they were his friends. I wanted to pull out my hair. Luce, on the other hand, seemed way more mature than in Fallen when we met her as a whiny girl. It was absolutely relieving when I realized that she was a better heroine than before. Whew!

It was a great angel read, although not as dark I prefer, but it was still awesome. The way Lauren Kate finished off Luce and Daniel’s story was absolutely fitting and I loved it, although it was a bit saddening. I cried when I read the last line, it was absolutely touching. It was absolutely 100% beautiful and is definitely one ending I hadn’t even imagined.

And the quote is half of the last sentence. No, it’s not a spoiler since it can mean so, so many things. None of which will even be close to what happened.