nicolewang161

Fiction Freak

A YA blog created in 2011.

All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Beautiful Disaster  - Jamie McGuire The thing about Beautiful Disaster is that it had so many...unrealistic things going on, so I know I shouldn't like it, but on the other hand, there's a lot of stuff going on that makes me love it. It's that drama-filled book that honestly seems as if it would be better as a script for a movie, rather than a book. But it was so fun to read through and you know how in certain books/movies your chest feels all achy? I can name 3 parts where that happened to me! But eep! this was one disturbing book sometimes.

Honestly, the relationship was so...wrong. Completely messed up. They were best friends. Then they made a bet which Abby lost, so she stayed at Travis's apartment for a month. At the end of the month, they do it. Then she leaves in the middle of the night. Then he's pissed. then (I think. I kind of got a bit disturbed) they get together. Then they're the talk of the school and a guy hits on Abby. And Travis literally hits the guy in the face. Hmmm...and after that, it gets more dramatic and more twisty. And a bit more messed up. But it was sweet and the times they broke up (...mainly because of Abby now that I think of it.) was so extremely sad.

Travis is extremely violent and possessive, but there's something abou thim which makes you love him. (No matter how many people he punches...) Abby was actually really annoying sometimes, but I, for some strange reason, was always on her side when she and Travis broke up. Meh.

And even though this is Contemporary, there is no way any of this would actually happen. It's something that you'd wish could happen, but know it can't. But I really wish it could! It's one of those books which mainly teens will enjoy, adults not so much. You read it and if you don't overthink it, you'll love it for sure! But once you start wondering the whys and hows...it turns out not to be so good after all.