nicolewang161

Fiction Freak

A YA blog created in 2011.

All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Time Between Us - Tamara Ireland Stone Hmmm...I can't quite say I loved this, but I definitely liked it better than okay! I've always been a fan of time-traveling, the things that it can alter, the rules you'll have to follow if you don't want to accidently erase your existence. It's just...fascinating. But then, I've always been a bit of a science nerd!

So bad news first: I expected something...more when reading this, I think. It just wasn't quite what I was expecting (first of all, it was in Anna's POV! I was expecting Bennett's! But this was an awesome surprise. As cool as it is reading from a guy's POV, I prefer a girl's!) and there was some time traveling stuff that this book was missing...I don't know what I expected--more danger? Action? Something?

I loved the prologue. Like, loved. It was just so mysterious and you immediately want to know what's in the letter, what happened, what went wrong. It just captured your attention and made you already fall in love with the story.
Actually, that description fits the whole story as well. The story was captivating and enchanting and I loved discovering more about Anna and Bennett's relationship and watching (or rather, reading) it grow. Because, ultimately, Time Between Us is a love story. There aren't any bad guys, any evil force. And it's about time I've read something like this again!

Romantically, I really did lovelovelove this book. IOf course, we know it isn't insta-love; fate literally brought them together and they gradually fell in love. I can't say I absolutely loved the romance since I hated how Anna treated Bennett, but if Anna was less pushy? I'd definitely love the romance! As it was, I'd have to say I liked Time Between Us. I didn't love it, but it was still pretty good! Of course, the romance took center stage so that's pretty much how I felt about the rest of the book to, I think!

And then character-wise, Anna was just too pushy at one point and she was pretty much a hypocrite. And I, personally, am not a fan of those! Although, this was an ARC--maybe it got resolved?
But Bennett? He was just so sweet and caring and I loved reading about him! I would've liked a tad more development in his character, but besides that, loved.
My absolute favorite character, though, was without a doubt, Emma. She was just so fun and perky and she actually reminded me of a few of my best friends! Boy crazy, loves fashion, and always there? YES.

Since the romance took center stage in Time Between Us, I'm not sure what else to talk about...or whether that's just my night owl brain speaking...

Anyways, if you're looking for an action-filled read, look elsewhere! But if you're looking for a nice, adorably sweet romance? THIS is your book! It was an amazing book that stunned me with it's emotions and the feelings it made me feel and I have no doubt it'll do the same to you! If you're tired of those typical Paranormal and Fantasy books, those sci-fi and dystopias? TIME BETWEEN US better be your next pick!