nicolewang161

Fiction Freak

A YA blog created in 2011.

All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Tempest Unleashed (Tempest, #2) - Tracy Deebs Unfortunately, I did not love it, or even like it. It had a good plot, but the characters! Tempest seemed incredibly annoying, naïve and thought she knew everything. It just annoyed the hell out of me when she made everyone feel guilty when she was the one who was wrong. Really…she also kept switching from Kona to Mark. From Mark to Kona. From Kona to Mark. From Mark to…you get the point. It really did annoy me, even more when she said that she loved them both. And (SPOILER NEXT) I can’t believe she abandoned Kona when he needed her most. Instead she picked Mark of ALL PEOPLE. Obviously, I’m Team Kona here. (SPOILER END) But even so…I just couldn’t fathom how Tempest could be so oblivious, naïve, unforgiving, and smart-mouthed (when she really shouldn’t be).

The plot was great and fun and Tempest learned more about her mom, and though she didn’t completely forgive her mom, she started understanding just a bit more. She practices her powers more, learning both how to use them and trying to discover how to defeat Tiamat once and for all. I loved how Tracy Deebs described how Tempest channeled her power and I absolutely adore the underwater world she created! It was enchanting how all the pieces came together in their world and I found it just a tad amusing how all the “land-lubbers” didn’t have a clue! Except Mark, but he’s another story

All in all, it would’ve been a pretty good book (4 stars?), but I highly disliked Tempest in this book, so it dropped by 2 stars. I feel as if, even though Tracy Deebs did do a good job writing the story, Tempest was too…irritating. And characters are a MAJOR part of my reviews so…it’s just how it happened.