nicolewang161

Fiction Freak

A YA blog created in 2011.

All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Hush, Hush - Becca Fitzpatrick http://fiction-freak.blogspot.com/2011/11/hush-hush-by-becca-fitzpatrick.html

I love Hush, Hush. Completely. Utterly. Without a doubt. You get the point. The way that Becca explains everything so that it doesn't bombard you with information, but also doesn't five you so little that you have to draw your own wacky conclusions just to fill in the holes. No. She feeds you the info rationally, but enough, just to make you crave more of the world of Hush, Hush...and of Patch.

Ah, now there's one sexy, badass, not to mention cocky, fallen angel. I was there all along the way with Nora as she felt first angry at Patch, scared of Patch, attracted to Patch, curious about Patch, back to scared, and finally in love with Patch. Already in love with this world, all he's going to do is pull you in deeper and deeper until you don't want to stop reading, turning the pages frantically.

On the subject of characters, let's turn away from the main guy character, onto the narrator. Nora. Nora is what you would call the outcast of the school along with her best friend Vee, who, at times, can be a bitch. Excuse my language. They're the enemies of Queen Bee Marcie Millar, and are in their own little world where nothing can really hurt them. Their spots in the social ladder isn't suprising, nor are their personalities. Nora is the pratical one, the worrier, the "what if" person while Vee is the outgoing, flirty one who urges Nora on. In other words, they complete each other and balance one another.

Now off that subject, This book goes at a perfect pace for a book such as this.. Not too slow, not too fast, where you won't be confused, and you won't be bored. Just when you think that you've figured everything out, you read a chapter, and find out you've got everything wrong. Again. Goodness knows, I was shocked out of my mind at some parts!