nicolewang161

Fiction Freak

A YA blog created in 2011.

All the Truth That's in Me
Julie Berry
Stung - Bethany Wiggins I'm so excited that I got to read this book early! I loved it! And who knew bees were so important?

The worldbuilding was just amazing! There are scientific explanations for this apocalyptic world and there were no questions I had that weren't answered one way or another. The world was thought out and well written and is definitely an original concept--the bee apocalypse! I loved the way it was realistic (well, you know what I mean!) and that it was a possible disaster for the real world.

Fiona's character wasn't the best, honestly. Sure, she had those typical qualities--determined, stubborn, loyal, but she was also pretty stupid. I mean, she shot one of her friends. Point blank. What? Not to mention that in the beginning, she assumes she's 13 year sold, when the world's clearly changed. I felt like she imagined all that happening in one night. It was idiotic. Also, she didn't seem to really understand why she had to be protected from men who haven't seen a pretty female in a long time at first. I don't want to sound snarky, but SERIOUSLY.
Bowen was a pretty awesome love interest. He was smug, a bit of a scowler, but the bad thing about him? Oh my lord, he said the cheesiest things. It was adorable, but I sort of cringed.

The romance was sweet and a little typical in the bad-boy-next-door way. Except, you know, after the world ends. Bowen used to make fun of Fiona, but truth is? "It was the only way I could talk to you." Which I so awwwwed at. I've always been a little I love with loving from afar stories!

This plot was epic in all the ways the word means. It was action packed, it was fast paced, it had me at the edge of my seat, it did all of that. Is it any surprise I read it in one sitting while my eyes were droopy? It made me forget the time until I realized three hours had passed. (Then again, that could've been Summer Saving. So technically, two.) But wow. I honestly expected none of that. *insert wide eyed stare*

STUNG is an amazing post apocalyptic/dystopian book that had my heart racing. It's an original idea and one that was definitely captivating!